Max E Stone is one of today’s most hidden gems when it comes to writing Hardcore Thrillers. If you haven’t picked up one of the Warren/Johnson/Bennett series books, you are in for a treat.
This week we will be highlighting Max and letting the fans learn a little what makes this author tick and also introducing you intriguing series. But don’t forget, this Wednesday is the Release Party for the newest book in the series, “Black Cradle”.
5 Things no one knows about Max:
- My favorite vacation spot is Italy. From the first time I visited, I felt like I was home.
- I have two younger brothers, 13 and 15 and, yes, I hate the puberty with passion
- Growing up, I played piano and was quite good if I do say so myself. I played operas and symphonies at nine years old with the lessons of a teacher who was a major butt kicker.
- I’m learning Italian and Mandarin Chinese. I guess I’m ok at both, a little better at the former than the latter. You can probably see a little of that in One Minute There. I put some Italian in there to make it authentic
- I was a mean kid growing up and extremely manipulative. A lot of people have a hard time believing that and I’m honestly shocked I still have childhood friends. Thank goodness for forgiveness and redemption. I have awesome, awesome friends. Whenever I bring up my attitude then, they’re like “forget it. None of us were angels.”
5 Personal Things
- I used to have cat named Rudy. She died over twelve years ago and I haven’t had a pet since but…
- I’ll be the proud owner of a cockerspaniel in the next few months. I’m so excited and a bit nervous
- The fight against human trafficking is a passion of mine. I hurts my I’m a huge supported of The Polaris Project and other organizations like it
- I’m always working and almost never date so I worry a little once in awhile about finding “the one”, more importantly the right one
- I love to shop at and support small businesses and shops. They have the best quality stuff and you’ll have it for life
Max’s Official Bio
A writer and lover of books since the age of nine, Max first set pen to page as a hobby, constructing stories that were anything but fit for children. Entertaining classmates while simultaneously concerning surrounding adults with blood-ridden tales of gory mysteries and heavy suspense that “just came to mind”, max, with the help of family and the encouraging words of an inspiring fifth grade teacher, continued to develop this gift.
Little was it known at the time, but said gift would become a lifeline.
From horrific trauma in Max’s teen years, writing played an instrumental part in the difficult recovery and the Warrens, Bennetts, and Johnsons, three interconnected families all with issues, mysteries, and secrets that threaten their livelihood and lives, were born. their stories, August to Life and The Bleeding, were published in 2012 and 2013 respectively.
One Minute There, the third installment, will be released march 20, 2015 while the fourth, Black Cradle, will be out august of 2015.
Though relatively new to the publishing game, Max relishes the journey and learns something new each day.
The first in the Warren/Johnson/Bennett series “August to Life” is just .99 on amazon. This novella is the first in the series and wets your appetite for the rest that Max has in store for you.
Around, Around, and Around they go. Where the blood stops?…Who knows? A former red-head and present mother of three speaks from solitude from the bow of a yacht. No one knows her, or her life except her children: above all her oldest son, Jonathan Warren, a seventeen-year-old high school football star with a tight lock on his life and mysteries not even those closest to him could guess. When an accident nearly rips away his life, new classmate, neighbor, brunt of his abuse, and sole rescuer Lee Ann Johnson forces him to challenge everything he had ever been taught. This is a short story and a prelude to “The Bleeding.” Also includes a sample of the “The Bleeding,” the first novel and second work in the Warren/Johnson/Bennett Series.