We address the Amazon Author Page last in our social sites to create, not because it is the least important, but because it is one site that will link your fans to not only your books, but all your social sites. Your Amazon Author Page should be one of the last ones you create as it holds all your links, photos, events and reviews.
Here is where your photo and bio comes into play. Make sure you link all your social media outlets from this profile.
SET UP (This is taken straight from Amazon Author Central)
How to set up an Amazon Author Central Account, this is so each of your works can be associated with you and you have a page for followers to come and find out about you and all of your works.
- Go to https://authorcentral.amazon.com/ and click Join Now.
- Enter your e-mail address and password and click Sign in using our secure server.
- If you have an Amazon.com account, sign in with the e-mail address and password you use on that account.
- If you do not have an existing Amazon.com account, select No, I am a new customer. You will be prompted to enter the necessary information. This is the normal information you will be asked to enter name etc
- Read the Author Central’s Terms and Conditions, and then click Agree to accept them.
- Enter the name your books are written under. A list of possible book matches appears.
- Select any one of your books. If your book is not in the list, you can search for it by title or ISBN. The book you select must be available for purchase on the Amazon.com website. Selecting the book creates the account.
- When you receive the confirmation e-mail we send, confirm your e-mail address and identity.
Amazon may contact your publishers to verify your identity, for example, by confirming your e-mail address with them. If you’ve signed in with a different e-mail address than the one your publisher is familiar with, contact them with this information so they can quickly approve you. Other than for confirmation of your identity, your customer information, such as product reviews or purchase history, remains private.
While you’re waiting for approval, you still can use some of Author Central’s features. For example, you can add or edit a photo or biography. We hold your content until verification is complete. Other updates, such as blogging and making changes to the books listed in your bibliography, are not available until you’re confirmed.
Verification might take up to seven days.
Author Pages are created for each individual author listed as a contributor to a book and we aren’t able to create a shared Author Page.
If any of your books have co-authors, both authors can join Author Central and manage an Author Page, both claiming the book. You can use the same photo and biography for both Author Pages, and can reference each other’s Author Pages by including information about your co-author or a URL to their Author Page in your biography. You can also accomplish this in a blog post through your RSS feed, allowing you to direct your readers to each other’s pages for quick access.
Creating Your Author Page URL
An Author Page URL is an easily shared link to your page on Amazon.com. Use your Author Page URL in your email signature, blog posts, Facebook posts and Tweets. You are limited to one Author Page URL. It’s possible that another author has already reserved the URL. If you get a message that says the URL is already taken, please try another variation.
Creating your Author Page URL
- On the Author Central Profile tab, click add link next to “Author Page URL.”
- A URL will be suggested, however you may enter text that meets the following guidelines:
- At least 1 character, no more than 30 characters
- May use letters, numbers, dashes, periods and underscores
- No spaces
- No special characters other than dashes, periods and underscores
- Profanity is not allowed
- If the URL you input is available, click Save.
Your Author Page URL will go live in approximately 30 minutes.
The entire “10 Steps Start to Marketing” page has a list of all the topics already discussed.